Sunday, February 20, 2011

Short ribs and mashed turnips with a side of asparagus

I did most of the prep yesterday when the kitchen was already a mess from cooking.

Found 6 pounds of short ribs on clearance so I browned 'em good and then cooked the carrots, celery and onion in some of the drippings. Added some garlic and thyme then a bottle of wine and let that reduce to half before adding 2 cans of tomato paste.

This a.m. I placed the base in the crock pot, added a pound of mushrooms, the ribs and covered it all in beef broth. Its been bubbling away in heavenly perfection as I have been making a new bread recipe. Getting ready to pull the ribs and buzz the sauce after its de-fatted. Then I can reduce the sauce to a gravy. Roast the turnips and mash them with a bit of cream and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...