Monday, July 18, 2011

Wings, I love wings



Lately I have been obsessing about chicken wings. I thnk I finally found a sauce I can live with. I have been buying whole wings, cheap. Cutting them myself, dusting them in flour and frying them in a 1/4 inch of oil.

When drained I bathed them in the following sauce:

1/2 stick of butter, melted.
1/2 - 3/4 c Valentina Hot sauce (this adds no heat but flavor)
2 tablespoons of honey
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Chipotle powder (this seems to add heat)
1 squirt of Sriracha Sauce (this definitely adds heat)
1-2 tablespoons of ketchup
Salt and pepper.

I am finding the addition of a small amount of ketchup or tomato sauce tends to thicken things up and make it stick to the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...