Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Cool Nebraska Football day....

We worked like fools today generally cleaning up and I tiled the back splash in the kitchen. Today was a day for Beef Bourguignon. I made it early because it has to cook for so long in the oven and we served it over a bed of mashed turnips. Yum. I used Ina Garten's recipe and added pearl onions and quartered crimini mushrooms. The final thickening with a bit of buerre blanc. I dressed the turnips with some parmesean, a splash of cream and knob of butter.
Before the long cook and oinions and mushrooms are added.


Used a split faced travertine 1 x 2 inch stack tiles on a mesh. They cut really nice with a tile saw and did a bit of puzzle work to make them all fit nice and neat. I had to use a hammer to smack a few into place. Very tight fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...