Saturday, November 26, 2011

Don't let your Meatloaf.......

Ok I broke down and thawed a turkey breast for the rest of the week. I told you I really needed more turkey. Today, however, I made a meatloaf. A roulade to be exact. I used 2 pounds of ground beef and a pound of ground pork. After I mixed it all with an egg, breadcrumbs and chopped onion I placed it  on waxed paper and pressed it into a large rectangle about 3/4 inch thick and prepared a stuffing.
For the stuffing I sauteed 8 ounces of mushrooms, half the chopped onion and a few minced cloves of garlic. I spread that on the meat and added some sliced prosciutto, capacola and Italian cheeses. Everything was seasoned properly with salt and ground pepper then rolled up jelly roll style and place on a pan to roast at 350 for about an hour. It was slightly rare in the dead center so cook it longer if you like done in the center. The last 20 minutes of cooking I used that old ketchup and brown sugar glaze.

We ate this with roasted asparagus and some of the holiday leftover veggies. BTW, the creamed Parmesan onions were outstanding and even better leftover.

Hot from the oven




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...