Wednesday, January 11, 2012

3rd Highlight and some finishing work

The third highlight really brightens the faces and some darks were laid in. One of the highlights at the edge of the face is a bright apple green that Greek iconographers use to brighten the base tones of the skin. Some of the ground work for the garments is laid in and overall touching up.



The garments get the full treatment in this episode and the face gets the final strokes and touch of uncreated light. I may redo some of the Christ robes since I see them in photo now and am not completely happy with the forms created by the highlights. I still have to finish the border and check for any other undone parts I may have overlooked. Usually I like to live with it for a bit before the final varnishing. I place it somewhere where I will catch it off guard and see it with fresh eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...