Friday, January 6, 2012

Current Project

Haven't painted since we finished the kitchen and well before that so I decided to pick a new project. I ordered some boards, had a couple of inquiries for icons but the pricing seems to frighten off any commissions so I am choosing my own subjects to paint. I decided I need a bit of practice on face and skin so I choose a prototype that was mostly that. Kind of a close up view of an actual icon. The prototype is this:
I have already started but mine is closer yet to this and cropped more tightly but I am keeping true to the color scheme. Not much gold on this one but I am using one of the new thicker boards. I had hoped to run it through the router first to camfer the edges but I am too lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...