Monday, March 5, 2012

New month but still in Lent

We are getting pretty well fed considering the restrictive diet. Haven't tried anything daring yet but we bought more fish and shrimp at the market and I usually have a pound of cooked shrimp in the fridge for snacking and lunches.

My typical lunch is about 6 Castelvetrano olives, hummus, pita and 6 large shrimps with Trader Joe's cocktail sauce. I am always hungry at about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Haven't remembered to bring a snack yet to help with the afternoon munchies. Since I come in at 0530 I usually eat lunch at 10 but sometimes I am starving and eat a bit earlier. I have a jar of peanut butter here for the occasional tablespoon hunger killer.

Last week I made a panko baked mahi mahi that was good but I thought a bit dry. I will try again with some cod this week. Generally I simply pan saute my fish with a dredge of flour and a bit of oil. A reduction of white wine makes a nice sauce with a splash of lemon. I have cod, mahi and sole in the fridge. I think I have a few fillets of flounder left also.

The Thai noodle dish I made last week was great but we get tired of that flavor quickly. I am looking into Indian recipes especially from Arti Party on the Food Channel. A lot of vegan type things from her repertoire to make. I think all the spice would be a welcome addition to normally bland fare we are eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...