Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Anniversary Dinner...a tradition in our house



So today is our 31st anniversary. I missed making "the meal" on our engagement anniversary (a tradition) because veal was in rare supply in Omaha. This past Easter, veal reappeared in the market so I bought a few packages for the freezer. Tonight was the very traditional dinner for such occasions in our house...Veal Saltimbocca, Fettuccine Alfredo, steamed broccoli and a new addition "Crostini ala Romana". I posted this delicious appetizer earlier but tis the season and its delish!

For the Veal

sliced Prosciutto
Provolone
Sage

I usually pound the veal to about 1/8 inch thick, dredge it in flour and saute in a bit of olive oil with a sage leaf. When done top with a slice of Prosciutto and Provolone. I broiled it a bit to make it all nice and melty. Yum.

The Alfredo is pretty basic. I buy a very thick cream, heat it with a clove of crushed garlic, a bit of salt and 1/2 c Parmesan. After the noodles are al dente, add them to the mix and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...