Sunday, May 6, 2012

To The Grill

Today is a lazy day after so much work yesterday. After church we stopped and picked up some boneless back ribs. Not sure where they come from the pig but they look like pork loin cut into long 1 1/2 thick strips. I brined them in the usual brine of 1/4 c salt, 1/4 c sugar and 4 cups water for about 3-4 hours.


I grilled them over medium heat to get some nice marks and sprinkled them with my rub on each side. Once they had a nice crusty brown and were cooked about medium, i removed them and cut them into rib sized pieces.

Ahead of time I made my favorite barbecue sauce that uses just stuff from your pantry.

1 medium onion processed with a few tablespoons of water, pressed through a strainer. Collect the juice in your saucepan. Add

1 cup ketchup
5T Molasses
2t Dijon mustard
2T Worcestershire
2T Liquid smoke
2 T vinegar
1 t hot sauce
1/2 t black pepper
2T oil
1 t minced garlic, chili powder
1/4 cayenne

Mix and simmer for 30 mins. Check the seasoning add what you need.  Today my pantry lacked a few ingredients so I subbed and it still tastes great. I used prepared mustard, onion salt, powdered garlic and had a few ounces of left over BBQ sauces left in the fridge which I added.  Yum.

Dinner will be done after a few ears of corn, some roasted Brussel's sprouts and a loaf of Killer Bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...