Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ground Lamb on sale

Sounds like a perfect excuse to make Lamb Burgers doesn't it? One of my favorite Omaha eateries is M's Pub. Its as old as I am, well, I am a little older. I had dinner there the night we had our Thesis Show from college at the Gallery at the Market. We were the last ones to show art work there  before it closed and became several stores, the last being a ladies clothing store, Nouvelle Eve. Ah but I digress down memory lane.  My favorite sandwich at M's is the Lamb Burger with a Dijon mustard that steals your breath and make this a truly savory sandwich. I think I have ordered this on every visit to M's.

Last night after the barbershop, I went to the grocer just looking for nothing in particular and I saw they have ground lamb on clearance so I just had to pick up a package or two.  Tonight I will attempt to prepare a delicious burger with a similar Dijon topping and perhaps a bit of Feta cheese.  We'll see how this goes...

I mixed 1 pound of ground Lamb with 1 tsp of cumin and coriander and 1 tbl of Dijon and 2 cloves of chopped garlic, salt and pepper. I made 3 large burgers into balls and placed them in a hot cast iron skillet.
I pressed them out to 1/2 inch thick and cooked them about 5 minutes per side. Very juicy and perfectly seasoned burgers topped with sauteed onions and more Dijon. This was the M's Pub experience I craved. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...