Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chicken Picatta

Easy peasy. I had a few boneless chicken breasts in the freezer that I took out in anticipation of making something for dinner. Brenda had mentioned the other day when I had made Veal Saltimbucca that she hadn't had this in a while. The Veal had a sauce based in white wine but this has a sauce based on lemons and I had a few laying about.

I brined the chicken before I know what I was going to do but it really helps keep it moist even in a dish like this.  I butterflied each breast all the way through and made 4 thin cutlets.  Dredged in flour and sauteed in olive oil and  butter. til;l golden and set aside and kept warm.

To the pan with some browned flour and a bit of drippings left over I added 1/3 c lemon juice and 1/2 c chicken stock and reduced that a bit till it thickened. The leftover browned flour really helps this process. I added 1 small pat of butter then about 1/4 c capers that had been rinsed. i poured the sauce over the warm chicken and served.
Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...