Monday, July 1, 2013

Asian Flair

No meat nights can be challenging. Tonight I had stopped by the store after remembering the sides that came with my duck dinner at J. Coco. Kind of a sweet brown sauce with the noodles and veggies. I had some shrimps and some time so I went with a package of Udon Noodles, a jarred sauce that looked sweet already and a mix of snow peas, broccoli and green onions.

I peeled and cleaned the shrimps and started the water boiling for the noodles that really don't take long at all.



To my chefs pan I added a bit of oil and stirred in a few chopped cloves of garlic then added the veggies and sauteed to crisp tender.

I used about 3/4 c of the bottled sauce but added a 1/4 c of chili garlic sauce and a healthy dose of Siracha. I poured this over the veggies with the shrimps and let the sauce cook the shrimps to just pink before adding the cooked noodles. A quick stir and on the plate. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...