Thursday, December 26, 2013

Home for the Holidays

We had various shifts and schedules to work around this year but it all seemed to work out for this best and we had a grand time no matter how little time we had.

The dinner was our usual NY Strip roast with Gene's potatoes and green beans. Simple yet filling. I made some rolls and a few beef sauces and we were in business. The hardest part was waiting for everyone to show. Since dinner was at 5, Brenda and I took in as show in the afternoon along with all the other old folks who were obviously empty nesters.

Genes potatoes are on the blog already and the Strip roast was just roasted at 400 with a salt crust. Didn't take long about 2 hours.

The rolls were a spin on "Lunch Lady Rolls" from Pinterest. I didn't have all the ingredients so I made it up as I went along and it was a chance to use my new Kitchen Aid.

2 cups of warm milk
4 T butter
1 egg
1 t salt
3 T sugar
1 cup warm water
2T yeast
6-7 cups flour

I made a soft dough and let it double. Punched down and rolled 1/4 inch thick rectangle. I cut the rectangle into 2 inch strips and cut the strips in half across the middle. I rolled them up and placed them seam side down on a greased pan. Rise again then bake 350 till golden.

Golden brown and light.


Here is the table scape of the day. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...