Monday, April 21, 2014

Lamb and chicken


 


Great success with our Paschal Lamb dinner on Sunday. I used Ina Garten's recipe for 4 hour Lamb but it could have cooked a bit longer as it was carve-able rather than fall off the bone. I think next time I will use the crock pot and set it for 8 hours since the crock cooks at a lower temp. 

The wine really cooked down and I made a gravy of it with a touch of cream after straining it and skimming the fat. The gravy was very good. Definitely a recipe we will use again.I posted the recipe earlier. Between the wings, hot dogs, Greek style grilled chicken with Tzatziki and the sides we had a rich feast of foods.







A week or so ago we made a nice Salmon supper for the Fangman's and the dessert was a big hit. I thought I had posted it on the blog but here it is:


Panne Cotta

2 1/2 cups cream
1/4 c milk
1 pkg unflavored gelatin
1/2 c sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Soak the gelatin in the milk till softened.
Bring the cream to a simmer and add the sugar, vanilla and gelatin mix.

Stir and cook till the gelatin is dissolved completely. Pour into individual ramekins and allow to cool in the fridge.

I served this with a berry coulis topping. Like a rich cream pudding. so tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...