Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Nachos...where did I go wrong?



I assembled some nachos after work yesterday for dinner. Stopping at the store to find some nice avocados, a little fresh chicken and some other key ingredients I began by frying the Low Carb tortillas into chips.  They were salted and tasted oddly sweet after the treatment. I set them aside and prepare the rest of the goodies.

For the chicken:

Dry Rub
1 t Cayenne
1 t Paprika
1 t celery salt

I cut the chicken into strips and rubbed with the dry mix and roasted for 15 minutes at 350. It had some nice but not over powering heat.

The avocados were perfect, a rare find at the store so I cubed the flesh and mixed with lime juice, red onion, garlic and salt and pepper. Guacamole made.

I chopped the chicken into bite size pieces and melted a tablespoon of butter with a 1/4 c hot sauce and a tablespoon of honey.

I assembled all with the nachos, a bit of sharp cheddar, a smattering of chopped onion red and green, a crumble of blue cheese and a scant bit of Blue cheese dressing.

Should have been great right? But it wasn't. Too sweet from the chips? Can't put my finger on it. They were edible but not the most enjoyable experience. Certainly not what I had in mind.

Back to the drawing board.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...