Friday, May 22, 2015

Summery Salsa

Last night we had our usual sautéed Mahi Mahi with a side of green beans. I was tired of the same ol' thing so I made a fruit salsa with whatever we had on hand. Brenda happened to have a bag of fruit in the freezer with mango in it so...

Spicy Mango Salsa

1 1/2 c mixed fruit including strawberries, mango and blueberries
1 hot pepper of choice
2 green onions chopped
Red and Yellow sweet peppers
1 T Red wine vinegar
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar
Juice of 1/2 lime
 If I had cilantro I would have thrown that into the party also.

I chopped the fruits pretty fine then added the rest of the ingredients. Test seasoning and serve over the fish.

 The pepper was quite spicy. I have no idea what it was as I freeze peppers whole to keep them fresh but this was some sort of long thin chili. One of my workmates brought them in last year. Muy caliente! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...