Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Mahi with Pesto Butter over Pasta

Trader Joe's has the greatest deal on fish if you can find it. Occasionally they have packages of Mahi or Cod pieces that make great meals at a bargain price.

I have a few packages of Mahi in the freezer and used the package recipe for ideas. I had everything I needed for Pesto Butter with the exception of Pine Nuts which are somewhere in the freezer but I was too lazy to look so I used toasted almonds instead.  Made a great little dinner with a few modifications.

Basil Pesto Butter

1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 c of pine nuts
juice of 1 lemon and zest
3/4 stick softened butter ( I used olive oil and butter)
Salt and pepper

Mahi pieces or fillets
1/2 cup flour 

1 pound of pasta cooked
1 med zucchini, spiraled  (noodles)
1/2 cup Parmesan

Everything in the mini chopper except the butter. I cut that down and used a bit of olive oil too. Add the butter once mixed and chopped.

I dredged the Mahi in flour and sauteed in olive oil and butter till lightly browned.

After the pasta cooked and I added the zucchini for a few minutes. I put the pasta/ zucchini in a large bowl, added the Pesto and a handful of grated Parmesan. Served up in bowls with chunks of fish added on top made for good eats.

We use zucchini 'noodles' to cut down on some of the pasta carbs in our summer meals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...