Monday, July 27, 2015

Pulled Pork weekend






This weekend Brenda's folks came in so I prepared a pulled pork to have plenty to eat for a few meals. I even have three 2 portion bags in the freezer.

I started with thawing the pork on Wednesday and then putting it in the brine I mentioned earlier in the blog, overnight. Friday morning instead of roasting since it was going to be a scorcher outside I opted for the crock pot and rubbed the roast with the dry rub recipe also on a previous post.

 Meanwhile I had made the dough for the kaisers Thursday night and that was also rising in the fridge overnight.

Jill had stopped by after work and brought me sweet corn right from the farm. Bonus! We were eating around 6 and I made the rolls first and they turned out very well. I covered them hot with a towel after removing from the oven  to steam the crust a bit and soften them for sandwiches. I made the slaw dressing as follows:






Coleslaw Dressing by Todd Wilbur

1/3 c sugar
1/2 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon celery seed

Combine all and dress cut cabbage mix. I left this sit for a few hours to wilt the cabbage a bit. It has a nice tang to it. I also added celery seed for a bit of flavor.

I topped the sandwiches with Trader Joe's Siracha Garlic BBQ sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...