Monday, February 8, 2016

Sous Vide Steaks

I know I have posted Sous Vide before so don't act like you don't know what I am talking about. This weekend we were bored with nothing to do so we bought a couple of bone-in KC Strip steaks to place in the sous vide oven.

This time I let them go for close to 6 hours for a bit of tenderizing and then seared them off in a iron skillet.

I served them up with a little Artichoke Gratin. We found cheap frozen artichoke hearts at Trader Joe's and have been using them like this. Makes a nice side dish.  Basically saute them till the get a little crispy in some olive oil with slices of garlic then douse them with some white wine and cover them in seasoned bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. I placed this under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese and get it golden brown. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...