Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Cheescake for the Birthday Girl

Brenda's mom, Rosie, turned 80 this past week so went to town and had a nice little family gathering for her. She is not a big fan of chocolate and her brother Randy has diabetes so we opted for a cheesecake which is relativity low carb.

I made this guy extra deep because we had so many to feed and it turned out great but I thought it would overflow the pan. Cheesecakes are easy and take no time at all really and you can flavor them up the wazoo but this one I left plain for a nice salted caramel topping (Rosie's favorite) or berries if anyone brought some (they didn't).

We had a nice dinner and forced Rose to sit while we cleaned up and put everything away.

New York Style Cheesecake


6 packages of cream cheese
3/4 c sour cream
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup leftover Ricotta (just because)
6 large eggs
1 tbl vanilla
2 tbl lemon juice

1/2 box graham cracker crumbs
3 tbl butter
3 tbl sugar

I used the largest pan I had which was 10 inch. Mixed the crumbs, sugar and melted butter and pressed them into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Set aside.

Mix the cake ingredients adding the eggs one at a time until all is incorporated.  Pour into pan and place in a 325 convection oven for about 1 hour or so. I just got a minor jiggle in the center then shut off the oven and allowed the cake to cool down there before placing in the fridge for a day.

The cake will slowly sink a bit in the center. I suppose a water bath  would have given me a more even rise and shape but it is such a hassle and it always leaks on me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...