- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 box spice cake mix (1 pound 2.25 ounces)
- 3/4 cup canned pear nectar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 1/2 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cups pecan halves, toasted
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Stir 1/2 cup butter in small saucepan over medium heat until melted and brown, about 3 minutes. Pour into large bowl. Add spice cake mix, canned pear nectar, eggs, molasses and crystallized ginger. Using electric mixer, beat batter 2 minutes. Fold in pears. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until cake is dark brown and tester inserted into center comes out with some moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 15 minutes. Run knife between pan sides and cake to loosen. Release pan sides. Place cake on platter.
- Stir golden brown sugar, whipping cream and remaining 1/2 cup butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat until smooth. Boil 3 minutes, stirring often. Stir in pecan halves. Spoon warm topping over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.