Breakfast with pals over the weekend could not have been easier with this delicious ring made with Crescent rolls, scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. Very tasty and the leftovers heated in a jiffy in the microwave.
After a disappointing dinner out Saturday evening, we came back to the hacienda for dessert and this found recipe on Pinterest did not disappoint at all. Super easy and very tasty. I made a few additions with a layer of Lemon Curd from Trader Joe's to the bottom half and I cut the sugar in the filling in half and used a lemon cake mix. Yum.
Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake Copycat
Makes one 10" round cake
- 1 white cake mix,prepared ( I used Lemon Cake Mix)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powered sugar (I used 1 cup)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of lemon
- 1/2 jar Lemon Curd
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. butter
1. Prepare cake as directed in a 10" round cake pan or a 10" round spring form pan.
2. Blend cream cheese, powered sugar, and lemon juice together. In a medium bowl, whip heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture and blend by hand. Chill until ready to add to the cake.
3. Mix flour and powered sugar in small bowl. Crumble butter in and dribble in vanilla extract. The crumbles should be no larger than pea size. If you have trouble crumbling mixture, chill for a few minutes. Chill until needed.
4. After cake is cooled, cut in half. Spread cream cheese mixture, saving 1/2 cup, on bottom half and carefully place top layer back. Spread rest of cream cheese mixture on the sides of cake. Press crumb topping into sides gently. (We only added it to the top)
5. Chill for 3 hours. Cut into 12 slices.