Thursday, August 16, 2012

Veggie Du Jour



Baby Zucchini's? Saute in a bit of olive oil or do this:

1 medium sweet onion sliced thin
2 cloves of garlic
1 thick cut strip of bacon
1 pound baby zucchini, sliced in half length wise
1 t red pepper flakes
Salt and Pepper

I cooked the bacon and rendered the fat, removed and chopped the bacon. To the fat I added some oil oil (lean bacon, I guess) and sauteed the onions till translucent. To this I added the garlic and chopped bacon strip. Cook for a few minutes the add the zucchini. I cooked very crisp/tender. So not long at all, seasoned with salt, pepper and Red Pepper flakes. Serve. Yum.

On Sunday I had cooked some chicken cutlets in my usual fashion. After Chicken Milanese (recipe under 'Chicken') I had probably 8 portions left over. Last night I used 2 to make a bit of Chicken Parmesan and served it with the zucchini. Delish. Some left for lunch today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...