Saturday, July 27, 2013

Feeling kinda Pretzely...



Home alone with not much to do but chores I needed a treat. I have been craving pretzels lately so what a great time to ply my craft?  Starting with my basic dough and the food processor I mad a half batch of a nice smooth dough suitable for whatever. Basically its just:

3 cups of flour (I used bread)

2 t yeast

1 Tbl oil

1 t salt

about 1 cup of warm water.  

I processed this till it pulled form the sides then kneaded it to a smooth ball. Placed in a oiled bowl it rose in about 1 hour.

Before prepping the pretzel nuggets, I placed a pot of water to boil with 3 Tbls of Baking Soda and heated the oven to 450.

I halved the dough carefully not to deflate too much, a rolled each half into a 1 1/2 inch rod and cut the rod into 1 inch pieces on the diagonal.

Each piece got a brief bath in the boiling water then onto a parchment lined pan and sprinkled with pretzel salt. Bake at 450 for 10 mins till dark and lovely. I like 'em with mustard or Cheese Whiz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...