Monday, January 6, 2014

Stuffed Chicken Breast

I had 2 boneless chicken breasts and very few ideas. I brined the birds just in case inspiration hit, then I caught site of the remaining stuffing cubes. Stuffed Chicken Breasts with a Dijon Cream sauce and a side of Sugar Snap Peas fit the bill.

For the stuffing

medium onion chopped fine
1 stalk celery chopped fine
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 T butter
1/2 c cubed Fontina
1/4 c cream or milk
1/2 t thyme
1/2 t sage
3/4 c dry bread cubes

I sauteed the onion, celery and garlic till transparent careful not to let the garlic burn.
Remove from heat and add the cheese and cream and spices. Mix well. Makes about 1 cup plus.

For the chicken I removed from the brine and cut a deep pocket into the thickest edge. I stuffed the breasts and then dusted with flour. I used a cast iron skillet so I could finish the dish in the oven. I sauteed the top side of the breasts till golden and then turned them. I placed any left over stuffing close the breasts and finished in the oven (350) till juices ran clear (about 30 minutes).

For the sauce
1 c white wine
2 pats of butter
1 T Dijon
1 scant cup chicken broth
Wondra flour

I used the pan form the veggies and added a pat of butter and a good cup of white wine. I let the wine reduce and added 1 T Dijon and about a cup of chicken stock. I brought that to a boil, added a pat of butter, a bit of salt to taste and sprinkled about 1t of Wondra to thicken.

Served with steamed and buttered Sugar Snaps.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...