Sunday, January 29, 2017

Chicken Curry for Sunday dinner

A cold Sunday after church here in Omaha. Before we left, I took some split chicken breasts out of the freezer.  When we got home I fired up the sous vide and cooked all the chicken, setting some aside for lunches this week. Meanwhile, I did a bit of research on recipes and found a lot of great ideas.

Here is my version.

Chicken Curry

1-2 chicken breasts, either cooked and cubed or shredded or cubed raw to cook with the dish.
1 medium onion cut into thin petals
Shitake mushrooms. I bought about 4 ounces bulk.
4 cloves minced garlic
1 tbls oil
1 tbls garlic ginger paste
2 tbls curry I like hot
1 pepper I bought a Serrano and sliced it thin
2 cans of coconut milk I used Lite
Juice of one lime
Salt and pepper to taste
A squirt or 2 of Siracha Sauce
Cilantro
Green onions cut diagonally

In my large chefs pan or wok, heat the oil till shimmering. If you are cooking the chicken, do it now, cooking till just done.  Remove the chicken and set aside. Drop in the onions and saute till it starts to soften. Add the garlic, mushrooms, garlic ginger paste and pepper. Cook a few minutes then add the curry and let it toast a bit. Add the coconut milk all at once. Stir and allow to thicken just simmering. If your chicken needs a few minutes more of cooking, add it or shred your cooked chicken and add to the pot. Adjust seasoning. I found the coconut milk a bit sweet so I squeezed a lime in to tone it down. Garnish with green onions and cilantro or basil. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...