Sunday, February 19, 2017

feeding the Masses...

 Mackenzie had a few friends for dinner and let me do the cooking. I love cooking for folks who love eating. She had special guests, Andy and Patty, her frequent travel companions, in tow and we had a pleasant dinner, pulling out all the stops.

I began with our standard Crostini, toasted bread with Sage infused butter, crispy procuitto, piquant provalone and topped with a sage leaf. I also roasted a breast of lamb along with the usual charcuterie.
Dinner was easy. Homemade pasta covered in a braised short rib gravy. a fresh salad with handmade croutons and our favorite oil and vinegar dressing. A few loaves of fresh French baguettes and a NY style cheesecake rounded out the feast.  Great wine flowed and kids, conversation and raucous laughter ensued. I believe we all had a great time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...