Saturday, August 18, 2018

Slow to the Party...

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/traditional-chimichurri

After all these years I made chimichurri sauce for our T bone steaks tonight. I actually cooked the steaks directly in the grill rather than Sous Vide first. They were tasty, a little more done than I like but that sauce! Herby, fresh and a touch of heat. I used the Food and Wine recipe above. Bright green and crazy tasty on the meat. We have a new fav in the house. I just happened to have a half bunch of chopped parsley in the fridge I had wrapped in a moist paper towel inside a Ziplock. The rest was pure inspiration. It ended a nice day after a disappointing film, ‘Book Club’. What a waste of film and talent. Brenda and I were the only ones under 70 in the house but they all thought it to be laugh out loud funny. Really? They were all ladies, your Grandmas age. I found it disconcerting but redemption showed itself in the parking lot  where one of the seniors took a nasty tumble and nurse Brenda to the rescue. We helped get her back on her feet, offered some basic medical advice and got her into the passenger seat of the car.  Maybe God has a plan after all for us to be in the right place at the right time?
Try the chimichurri on your next steak or chop. I bet it’s great on fish too. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...