Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Not Much Food Blogging...Lubiyeh

As you know we are deep into Lent and nearing the end by now. Our cooking is minimal and occasional and has few ingredients. It is nearly vegetarian in nature and I don't find it particularly interesting. Most of our proteins are shrimps and fish and there is only so much I can discuss about those items. By the 5th of May we will be back to our normal fare. In the mean time I am busy trying to complete icons on the table, attending services and trying to figure out what the new priest has in mind (every Sunday I see that he has rearranged the altar area, again).

This week our Pre Sanctified fare is going to be a Lebanese dish (Lubiyeh) that is simply Green Beans and Tomatoes over rice. Does not sound like much but something happens between Green Beans and Tomatoes that I cannot explain. I just generally saute the beans with a little garlic and sliced onion, add a can of diced tomatoes and a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of allspice. A bit of salt and pepper to taste and there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...