Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ceiling is painted....moving on

I am sure we will be scraping tiny dots of paint off everything for the next few months but the whole ceiling is painted,  finally. I was not going to do it but the contrast between the cooking part of the kitchen and the eating part was so great, it could not be ignored. So paint we did. My lovely wife did the last 50% or so since my neck was killing me after cutting in and the first 50%. We both woke with backs this a.m. but it so nice to have it out of the way. I also removed the baseboards since the floor refinisher is due in a week.  Now we can paint the walls and get a perfectly clean line around the bottom. There were layers of wallpaper down there and its nice to just clean it all up. Need to buy more white caulk as every seam and gap shows against the white. I will probably need to go around the whole ceiling where the crown molding meets the ceiling. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though and its all good so far. 




Can't wait to hang the new chandelier over the table that is gonna need replacing too. It never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...