Saturday, October 5, 2013

Icon Commission from the Church

A few months ago, when Fr. Alex came we had to say good bye to Fr. Nick. He was so gracious and kind to us as we transitioned from our old priest to our new one. The church anted to have a special event for him and commissioned me to paint the church's patron icon for him. I also fund out that the board plans to use the icon for all our letterhead and marketing. I tried my best, as the panel was small for so many figures, to get as detailed as possible. The icon is finally finished and we have to have a high resolution photo done before I varnish it to keep down the reflection.
Here it is unvarnished and ready for photos. I hope it shows well when enlarged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...