Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Turkey Gravy

I saw turkey wings at the market. They were huge and perfect for the beginning of Thanksgiving cookery. The turkey stock for the gravy. As you know, I use Tyler Florence's Ultimate Turkey Gravy with no regrets.

 

Basically I roast the wings, an onion, carrots and garlic till the wings are a dark brown and fragrant. I set them in a large pot after the roast with fresh thyme (from my garden, it still good!) celery and simmered away for several hours, adding a bit of salt and pepper along the way. The strained product is no the perfect base for gravy or stuffing and it shall be.

Thanks Tyler. You are the man.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tom, so good to know you through your profile on the blogger and also I could stop by your blog "Divine Inspirations..food for the heart and soul". You seem to be good cook. Well I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of Mumbai,India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing tot he broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as grown up adults to come on a short term missions trip to work with us during their vacation time. Since one of our program in the slums is conducting medical camp and treating the diseases of the people in the slums it would be so great if you and your wife or your grand children (teenaged)come and work with us during their summer vacation. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...