Thursday, May 1, 2014

Eating Omaha...Happy Hour



Usually our favorite Happy Hour spot is Bravo!  but lately I have grown bored with the menu so I made a decision to direct our little group to something new and they kindly went with my whim.

One Pacific Place opened a new eatery in the old Ruby Tuesday spot call Pig and Finch. It is a chain restaurant but we are not as picky about Eating Omaha this year. . Lavishly decorated and nicely appointed, it is an upscale "Gastro Pub". I perused the menu on line and found things that looked good but we were only there for Happy Hour. 

Sadly, the HH menu I found online was severely pared down at this location offering only 3 snacks at $3 each. We ordered all 3, Fried pickles, Pretzel bites and Bacon Marmalade toast. The toast was by far the best as the others were pretty ordinary. I have a recipe for Pretzels on this blog and they are better than what we were served.  The actual dinner fare prices were moderate to high and we did not stay for dinner. I thought we might but I suggested yet another local establishment for dinner and to my surprise, all agreed.

Onward to the new location of King Kong's. Yes, I know but really they have the greatest burgers and since Brenda and I share a meal, this burger is mighty shareable. It could be dangerous to have a location so close. The food is always fresh and tasty. Brenda is not a fan of their Tzatziki sauce as she usually prefers a Greek Salad with Gyro meat but I always go for the burger.

I am not sure will hit Pig and Finch again in the near future. We are planning our next outing though for Eating Omaha and will actually be Eating Bennington at the Warehouse sometime this month. Hard to schedule as we are planning a trip to KC to help get the boys settled and Matt and Lori are booked most of the May weekends. We might have a few Eating Kansas City posts to share on the other hand...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...