I also made some Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls late Friday and froze them to take with us for Sunday morning. Here is the problem with taking fresh french loaves on a road trip early Saturday morning....I got up several times in the wee small hours to manage the dough and I was really beat the next day, all day. It is well worth losing a bit of shut eye but....
Lori made some quick meals that were really tasty but this dressing on the romaine really caught my attention. She used Demaris Phillips recipe from the show Southern at Heart. I liked the spicy end notes and the unusual combination of capers in the mix.
- 1 ounce drained capers (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on how spicy you like it
- Small pinch ground cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- Freshly ground black pepper