Monday, February 5, 2018

Two Steps Foward, One Step Back

We gave it our best shot and tried to remain home but the nausea got the best of me despite doses of Zofran. I pretty much brought forth three days of home living and attempts to eat. So muchso that Brenda became alarmed and called the surgery team on call and was instructed to come directly to the ER. Ben was awoken and headed over to package me up and take us to the ER.

Once there, a quick NG was inserted followed by more vomiting, a cold tip to the CT scanner and the admitted back to Werner for therapy, more contrast studies and IV nutrition. No food, no water and a great hunger. i am now empty, really empty.  
I am not sure I have ever desired food or drink more in my life but fear the result if I take it in.
Meanwhile everyone has been kind, coming to visit or texting me. I have been able to get some rest, pray privately for relief and be bored to tears. I hope the worst is over. I feel everyone pulling for me. Nothing left to do but get better.




2 comments:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Cuz

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no. I vomited like that with diverticulitis. Horrible. Let go and let your body rest. Love you cousin.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...