Friday, March 16, 2018

Dinner with Old Friends

Friday night dinner with salmon in the menu and a semi Lenten feast with Western Rite Orthodox friends.  I have known Tari and Mike Choiniere since the early eighties as Tari and I worked the Cath Lab together for a few years till we moved to Cedar Rapids in '87. While we don't see each other often we decided recently to reconnect and meet every month or so.

 I wanted to make some nice Mediterranean style appetizers with some large shrimps. I started with 2 pounds of 16-20 size shrimps cooked and peeled. To this I added 1 tin of calamari with about half the sauce.


I love this calamari for its texture and smokey taste. Its cheap and delicious too.
To the seafood I mixed in some olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. A bit of parsley, some sliced pickled garlic and ground pepper rounded out the main ingredients. So light and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...