Thursday, October 18, 2018

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

https://icxcpainter.blogspot.com/2014/09/pumpkin-cinnamon-rolls-with-caramel.html


Above is the link for the rolls but since I have been making them, I have some things I do differently these days. For starters I use the whole can of pumpkin. I increased my use of the spices and used the Tangzhong starter for the dough as it made the rolls super tender.  I added another  1/2 cup of the liquid with about 1/2 c of flour and made a roux with I then added to the dough before the rest of the flour. I increased the liquid cause I like my dough a bit wet. I let it sit 40 minutes after mixing then mixed/kneaded (with the mixer) again before allowing it to rise. It will no longer be sticky and wet after the 40 minutes.
This year, I made the dough ahead of time and formed it to rolls, placed in the pan and froze them for several days before thawing them in the fridge and allowing the to rise in the cold.  They are awaiting baking early in the morning for Brenda’s work crew.
Please remember that my recipes are mostly suggestions and I riff off them every time I use them, changing and noting what works and what does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...