Tuesday, October 2, 2018

How are you feeling?

As I walk through the rest of my life I guess I am bound to get the head tilt, pouty lips and question, 'How are you feeling?' I am great now that I am eating somewhat normally and not puking. You can stop asking now, I mean that in the nicest way possible but I’m not sick anymore.

Dealing with the daily mess of my diversion choice which really I don't think about that much unless my Apple Watch goes off to remind me to empty the bag every 2 hours or sooner. Really, after I returned to work I cannot say I felt anything but ok. No radiation or chemo made that possible but there was nothing left in me to treat really. While I had cancer and am a cancer survivor, of sorts, In reality I don’t have the concerns of breast cancer victims for reoccurrence so I feel a bit like a poser. Of course, no one is taking glamour shots of me and holding dinners for my survivorship but I didn’t suffer months of ‘curative’ treatments either.

I wear scrubs at work now because the belts I usually wear caused issues when sitting all day and although my co worker was kind enough to fashion a guard for me on his 3D printer, I still get occasional leaks in regular clothes which can be super annoying. Its all part of the deal and dealing with daily life. The problem of my stoma being directly at my waist and waistbands cutting it in two.

I had my first follow up CT this week which was clean. I, personally,  was not expecting anything else but my Family Practice Dr. put the seeds of doubt in my head. I reviewed all the final Pathology reports at work before the scan and was pretty confident I had nothing to worry about.  Mackenzie did my worrying for me and was so relieved with the news.

The big life  test is coming up as we head for our annual pilgrimage to Mexico and I have to figure out how to conceal my stuff in the pool or on a chaise lounge.  I bought several Rash Guard shirts to wear but when I was about 20 pounds lighter so we will see how that works out. I might have to ban the cameras this trip. We stayed overnight at Matt and Lori's a few months ago and that went well. Just a lot of extra work to ensure I am covered in case of untoward events. And the air travel...inflated bags due to pressure etc. Something new to deal with since you cannot vent the bags. We will bring a pin just in case I need a little pressure relief mid air.

All in all, life is good and I have no complaints. I’m ok, let’s talk about something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...