Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Butternut Squash and Sage Ravioli

 I still had some lingering foodstuff from Thankgiving so first I used the leftover mashed potatoes and made Graffe Napolitano doughnuts. The the roasted butternut squash caught my eye. It was going to be a curried soup but I was inspired to use a couple of ravioli cutters I spied in the drawer. 




Finished product.

Amazing that the garden still has fresh sage despite the temps outside so I harvested a bit and hit the squash with some cream and the immersion blender. It turned into a nice thick paste to use for the filling. Made some pasta dough and rolled it out to form the raviolis. Note to self: use the thinest setting as the pasta swells a bit and I thought it to thick in the final product. The topping was sage infused brown butter and a sprinkling of grated cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...