Sunday, December 13, 2020

Finally...a decent Hot Cocoa mix

 Being diabetic, I rarely get to savor some of my favorite things. A cup of cocoa or a shot of cocoa to my coffee sometimes makes the day bearable. I’ve tried a few mixes and concoctions I have not cared much for. This time I think I found the right recipe that hit the right notes and I subbed the sugar with a Stevia. 

This mix will make about 9 cups and last a few months in a sealed jar.

1/2 c sugar or Stevia

1/2 c cocoa I use Hershey Special Dark

3 ounces of chopped semi sweet chocolate I used Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate

1 teaspoon of  cornstarch 

1/2 t vanilla extract

Pinch of salt

I also added a bit of Cayenne pepper


Give this a whir in the food processor till a fine powder. 3 tablespoons in a cup of steaming milk, a dollop of whipped cream and you’re ready to rock. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...