Saturday, February 9, 2013

Our 33rd Anniversary of our Engagement

Alright I know it sounds a little wierd but I just cannot forget this date, February 9th,  and I always prepare the same meal. It never gets old and we rarely do much for the actual February 14th Valentine's Day.

The menu is always Veal Saltimbucco with Fettuccine and Broccoli. This year was no different as Veal was in the freezer and it was a lovely lazy Saturday. I bought a gift even though I was warned not too but I just cannot resist. I went to buy a silver bracelet I had my eyes on but someone beat me too it. I had also admired a heavy pearl multi strand choker so I bought that instead. My wife was made to be dressed in pearls.

We did our early chores this a.m. and spent the afternoon laying about and enjoying each other's company. while Brenda was still snoozing after shopping, I went to the kitchen to make the crostini she loves with the bread she had bought for dinner.

Then it was time to pound the Veal, boil the water for the fettuccine and get to the rest of dinner. The results below. Traditional and tasty with a nice Mouton Cadet 2010 Bordeaux. Another February 9th with my lovely bride.

For the Veal Saltimbucco:

1 pound of Veal scallopine pounded to 1/8th inch
2 T butter and a splash of good olive oil
a few slices of Prosciutto
a few slices of Provolone
a few fresh Sage Leaves

Sauce
3/4 c white wine
2 T butter
salt
1/8 c cream

Dredge the veal in flour, top with a sage leaf and place that side down in the hot butter. Saute till golden the turn and top with Prosciutto and Provolone. Transfer all the cutlets from the pan to a platter, deglaze the pan with 3/4 c white wine, a pinch of salt, add 2 T butter and 1/8 c of heavy cream.  Pour the pan sauce over the cutlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...