Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Dim Sum Supper...............

Game Day in Nebraska but since we are not ticket holders, friends are coming to dinner.

Last weekend we all sat about during the rain storm in Chicago and watched Tyler Florence whip up some Chinese favorites. Inspired, I went and bought the listed ingredients and added a few of my own. First stop was our local Asian Market to procure a bamboo steamer for the dumplings and various sauces and wraps. Next stop was our local grocer who has baby back ribs on sale. How can I resist? A few extra packs for the freezer and I am all set for a long cold winter.

On the menu, Teryaki Spare Ribs, Shrimp and Ginger Sui Mai dumplings, Crab Rangoon and stir fried veggies (to make the girls happy!)

Here is the link to the great recipes from Tyler Florence Ultimate. Ignore the bad reviews as this was great stuff. The ribs were amazing and the Sui Mai was very flavorful and easy to make. The ingredients were not things you might have on hand so you'll have to do a little shopping. The Crab Rangoon is on the blog already under Appetizers. One of the family favs.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/tylers-ultimate/ultimate-dim-sum/index.html

Now I will admit I sent a fair portion of the day prepping and a good amount of time cooking but once it was done I could relax with guests. Just seeing Matt's eye light up when I took those mahogany barked ribs out of the oven was enough for me. This guy truely appreciates food experiences. This is what I do..it's who I am. I have a fully stocked pantry and I am not afraid to use it.

Here are photos from the feast

My biggest complaint...they were so tender I could hardly cut them. Crazy good

Delicious...I had my doubts when I saw the ingredients

Crab Rangoon? Always a hit, lots of crab in this one.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...