Saturday, March 9, 2013

Icons and Skillet Lasgna

Finished the icon for little Clare (Evangelia) I believe.

Tonight I wanted something cheesy, meaty and saucy so Brenda reminded me that we have recipe for an easy Skillet Lasagna from Cook's Country a long time ago.  We were out and about so I gathered the ingredients on the last stop and started assembling. Fr. Nik might be stopping by to spend the night so I needed something on hand in case he is hungry.

Skillet Lasagna

medium onion diced
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 T olive olive
1 t Red pepper flakes
1 pound of "meatloaf" mix I used 1/2 hamburger 1/2 ground pork
8 ounces for lasagna noodles
24 oz can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 carton of Ricotta
1/2 Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
fresh basil or Italian Seasoning ( I used a few teaspoons of Italian seasoning in the meat)

Make sure the tomatoes when combined equal about a quart. If not, added water.
Saute the onions with a bit of salt in the olive oil. When translucent, add the garlic and pepper flakes. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the meat, crumbling and cooking till no longer pink. Stir in the Italian seasoning. Break the lasagna noodles over the top and don't stir. Pour the tomatoes over all, cover an simmer 20 minutes till noodles are tender.
Stir in the Parmesan and fresh Basil if using, remove from heat and top with heaping spoonfuls of Ricotta. I actually spread some shredded Mozzarella over the top and covered a few minutes to melt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...