Friday, July 4, 2014

Laid up and not cooking much

As many know I had a total knee replacement paying for the sins of my youth I guess. Since I hardly ate at all the first week and a half post op we hardly cooked last all. I have been in 'stir' for a few weeks now and itch to get out for as change of scenery. So far Brenda has let me go to the grocery with her. I have had a few cravings now that my appetite has come back of sorts. Still not a lot sounds that great to me but we whipped up some NAC and cheese today and are having it with the carry out wings we picked up last night. So far so good. Brenda has been making a most excellent Banana Blueberry Bread. Fantastic!

Banana Blueberry Bread
1 3/4 c flour
1tsp baking powder
1/8 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 c unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c buttermilk
1/2 t vanilla
3 ripe banana mashed
1 c blueberries
1/2 cup walnuts (op)

Combine dry ingredients.
Cream butter and sugar.
Mix wet ingredients incl banana mash.
Combine  dry and wet till just mixed. Add blueberries and nuts. Mix well and pour into greased loaf pan. Bake 350 for 30-35 mins until pick comes out clean.


Brenda's masterpieces...you seriously cannot eat enough of this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...