Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Roasted Breast of Lamb


As a special treat for me and the boys, I made a breast of lamb. Its been a while since I bought one and I was pleasantly surprised and 2 meaty slabs of ribs when I opened the pack. Usual one of the slabs is wanting for the curved ribs and lack of meat.

I prepared a rub using:

2 T olive oil
2 t salt
2 t cumin
1 t pepper
1 t Italian seasoning
1 t cinnamon
1 t coriander
1 t paprika

Mix into a paste and rub over the fatty side of the ribs and sparingly over the bony side. I placed the racks side by side in a roaster covered in parchment paper then covered in foil and baled at 300 for several hours till tender. About 3 hours. I uncovered them and placed them under the broiler for about 4 minutes to get a nice crispy crust on the fatty side.  There is a lot of fat rendered out of these. Let it harden and discard. 

Split apart and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...