Perfect Single Serving Size Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil
Recipe type: Dessert
Makes just two very large chocolate chip cookies
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 firmly packed tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk – discard or set aside egg white for a different use
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 heaping tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter just until it starts to melt and is softened. Blend softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla together by hand.
- Add egg yolk and stir again.
- Add baking soda and flour and stir until combined.
- Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Form cookie dough into two balls and place on baking sheet.
- The cookies will spread during baking, so make sure they are several inches apart.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and give the baking sheet a firm, but careful bang on the counter top. This will deflate the cookie and give it a perfect wrinkly appearance.
I love this cookie. Crispy and delicious and nothing leftover to ruin my delicate figure!