Thursday, May 10, 2012

Killer Bread

A long time ago in a land far, far away (Cedar Rapids IA) a buddy of mine ran across a recipe in a food magazine for this bread. Ever since,  I make it when ever we grill out AND my daughter, Mackenzie is coming for dinner. It's her favorite and anyone who needs the key to hear heart just has to master Killer Bread.


Max's Killer Garlic Bread. Photo by Proud Veteran's wife
This is not my photo so it actually looks better than this but the premise is super simple and you will not be disappointed. I generally pick up a loaf of fresh Italian or French Bread from the market. Sometimes a baguette will do but mostly it's one of those big doughy loafs at the front of the store in a warmer or hot from the bakery section.

Mix 1/2 to 1 cup of Mayo with
1/2 cup Parmesean or Romano
6 cloves of finely minced garlic.

Split the loaf  lengthwise and butter both sides, broil till golden.
Spread the above mixture and broil again till the topping is bubbly and golden.

If I keep giving out my favorite recipes,  no one will come for dinner again......

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...