Sunday, January 21, 2018

A Weekend of Family and Friends

On Friday there was a cancellation that allowed me to move my surgery up to Monday, the 22nd. I scrambled to get all my ducks in a row as we planned to entertain friends for the weekend.

Matt and Lori arrived Saturday about noon bearing gifts and well wishes. Nick stopped by to say hello before we ventured out to lunch at Local Kitchen then on to an art opening downtown. All designed to keep me occupied and distracted from what lies ahead.

That night, Ben, Hannah and Mackenzie stopped by for dinner and dessert with the Fangman’s. We had a nice late evening filled with laughter and solving the worlds problems before settling in for the night. I got up early this morning to make a breakfast casserole, although I was on clear liquids all day. We lingered over cups of coffee before finally sending them on their way back to DesMoines.

Later tonight, after I began the process of deep cleaning my insides in preparation for tomorrow’s events, Ellen and Mark stopped by as well as Nat from Brenda’s work. More laughs and distraction for me  as the evening winds down and I hope to sleep tonight. Lots of texts and emails from well wishers. Going to be a tough week but looking forward to getting back home and recovering. Kind of dreaming of cheese burgers but hardly ate much all weekend. Maybe I will be hungry by Wednesday or Thursday.

So...here we go.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers being sent from Colorado to you, Tom, and your lovely Bride, Brenda. May God send healing angels who have the Fighting Spirits to battle anything standing in the way of your recovery to HEALTH.
    Big Hugs And Love, Tom. God Bless.
    Cecelia in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...