Thursday, January 11, 2018

Consults and Doctor Visits.....


Finally, the day arrived for me to speak to the surgeon and oncologist in detail. Mackenzie and Brenda came with me today after Mackenzie had stopped by my office and brought me some décor.

There was a discussion early this morning with the Tumor board where my case was discussed and decisions were made on my behalf.  The team consists of surgeons, radiologists,  oncologists and pathologists. All my case information was reviewed in detail and the final word was that the bladder has to go.


There was no doubt in our minds that this path was clearly going to be taken but I think a glimmer somewhere inside me hoped for a simple resection. The surgeon visited us at length regarding diversion options (where I am going to pee and how) and left me with a few decisions to make. The surgery is scheduled now for early February and I will need a good 8 weeks off to recuperate and learn my new normal. After the surgeon was done with us, we met a very nice oncologist who discussed possibilities most of which don't apply to me, thank God.

There will be no chemo or radiation unless a lymph node comes back positive which they believe is unlikely. So far so good. Things, believe it or not,  are looking better considering I still have a major surgery to get through and I will have a grand life style change. On the bright side, I can take long road trips and never stop to pee. Right?




4 comments:

  1. Happy to hear (read) this!!! Sending good vibes and love through this tough time with the former news but rejoicing the no chemo/radiation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet thanks for thinking of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad the cancer at an early stage. still praying

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Tom, things seem to be moving forward in a good manner. It came to mind how good God is. W/medical knowledge is now, you, your Bride, your fam n friends get alot more time together!! Yes, a new technique of voiding, in time it will just be a New Normal. God's Beautiful Blessings!
    Cecelia in Colorado

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...