Saturday, February 13, 2021

That Magic White Cake Frosting

 We have a local family owned eatery here in Omaha that served a white sheet cake. It was Mackenzie’s favorite dessert of all time. Sadly, they closed and sold the property and the cake went with it.  They are friends of ours and apparently they had a few cakes left in the freezer so I got one for Kenzie’s birthday last year. It’s the frosting that makes the cake and they shared the recipe with me.

Sour Cream white Frosting

This recipe has to be adjusted as I made it as is and it was a little thin. I like a stiffer frosting so adjust accordingly.

1 pound butter softened

1 bag powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/3 cup sour cream

I would cream the butter, add the sugar and vanilla but add the sour cream slowly until it’s the consistency you like. This was too mush sour cream for me so less if you like the frosting a bit stiffer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...